Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sync upgrade with turn-by-turn nav

I just got back from my first service. Just an oil change and tire rotate. The service (advisor, technician, counselor, whatever they call themselves these days) asked if I wanted the Sync update. Sounded interesting as it apparently includes turn-by-turn direction capability. Which would be great since I didn't opt for the navigation system (I was feeling unusually disciplined on the finances when I ordered the Fusion). Anyway, the upgrade is $40 and decided to wait until I hear how good it is.

Has anyone gotten this upgrade to their non-navigation equipped FFH? Write in and let us know what you think and how it is working. And also whether it is worth the $40. I've got the nav system on my iPhone which is awesome, but having turn-by-turn would be terrific.

Incidentally, speaking of Sync, I'm going to do some entries on my experiences with this system at some point in the future. Thanks for staying tuned, and thanks for your comments.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.google.com/notebook/public/05004808999777444482/BDQrlDAoQ8bvS0Zck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool article on the link, thanks for posting it. Learned something. Always learning something on this thing.

    Yes, the dealer said $40 for upgrade. I really wonder how well the turn by turn works. Worth $40 if it works well.

    Interesting, now we have to upgrade the software in our cars just like our computers. . .another revenue stream for Ford. Not that that is a bad thing, but it's the first time I've been asked if I wanted to upgrade my car's software. :)

    ReplyDelete