Monday, November 16, 2009

Three years FREE

I don't want to sound like an advertisement but frankly getting this Sync features trial for 3 years for free is providing some real delight. This is SWEET!

So, I've been evaluating what this thing can do now that the Sync upgrade is installed. Let me just say this: it's a whole new world out there. The things that this can do are quite cool.

First off, directions have been spot on in my suburban location. I was in Boston on Saturday and there were problems there. Basically it was because the tall buildings were blocking my cell phone signal and making it impossible for Sync to remain connected. So that didn't really work. However, every other time I've used it has been perfect.

Let me mention what else this can do. It can find a business. Or type of business. Tried it with a bunch of local businesses. It could not find a Trader Joe's, which must be missing from the database, but every other business I've tried has been perfect.

And it finds a type of business. Say you are driving along and want a restaurant. Wow, wish I had had this on a road trip two weeks ago! Haven't evaluated this yet, stay tuned, I will.

It will also TXT you information. Here's how: search for a local business, once Sync finds it, it can TXT the info to your cell. I tried it and almost immediately got a clear readout of business, address, and phone number. Not sure what I would use this for, but it's cool anyway.

Sorry I've gotten off on a tangent about Sync. . .but it's too good to pass up. My only request is that Microsoft figure out a way to make it MUCH easier to install. But it was worth going through. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment